The idea of fMRI’s “seductive allure” is supported by two widely cited studies. Upon closer analysis of these studies, and in light of more recent research, we find little empirical support for the claim that brain images are inordinately influential.
The Seductive Allure of “Seductive Allure”. Just so we don’t start autolumping widely held notions about using fMRI in the courtroom, here’s this. Okay, you’re right. Maybe I should start a blog where I mention if we do studies involving mock jurors, it’s important to actually create a mock trial. Oh wait. I DID. Hi.
I also still go on about that one big egg study in the 80’s that was later debunked, if you need me.
- harveysparkes reblogged this from psydoctor8
- jjarichardson likes this
- btwesche likes this
- portorock likes this
- bio-compooterology likes this
- dew0319 likes this
- logicianmagician likes this
- badbatz likes this
- theotherwindow likes this
- contemplatingmadness reblogged this from psydoctor8
- autopilotsoul likes this
- parexus likes this
- karsonk likes this
- gjmueller likes this
- z0mb13b3ar reblogged this from psydoctor8
- aguitarte likes this
- thoughtcontainment likes this
- citysoliloquy likes this
- theboredboi said: After I finish this scholarship app I need to pick your brain… =D
- theboredboi likes this
- psydoctor8 posted this